<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004


qzen42 feels


As I Went Walking That Ribbon of Highway


It's hard to write about an impression you get looking at a scene, but here goes...

I live next to the Interstate (he's got an interstate runnin' through his front yard...) and my various daily excursions take me along this ribbon of highway often. At dusk, or just after, the ribbon turns to a stream of headlights and I find myself marveling at this image. A combination of geography and human ingenuity, but also human largesse. SUVs & asphalt. Neon and exhaust.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting at here, but I guess it's that this man-made scene is beautiful in a surreal way. And it's kinda melancholy, because I think about 100 million years ago, when a herd of dinosaurs might have been roaming the interstate. No McDonalds, no Home Depot, just flora and fauna.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?