<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 04, 2004



qzen42 feels



Some Assembly Required


Now that our "big" project is over (adding on to the house), I am busy with some of the smaller projects: installing ceiling fan/light, accent lights, finishing furniture, hanging pictures, etc.

It has occurred to me that I like little phrases like: Some Assembly Required. And I can trace a general trend with age. In my 20's, I resonated with "Expect Delays." Everything seemed to slow me down, get in my way, even though I had very little idea what the destination was. In my 30's, I mellowed some, and got in touch with "Detour Ahead," meaning that going out of my way could work out better, or at least, different than I expected. Now that I am in my 40's, I think I have mellowed more, and have settled in on: "Some Assembly Required." To have a meaningful life, you must put it together. You must choose your battles, commitments and passions. IMHO, "Having It All" is idealistic, given the realities of marriage, family & work. Carving out an identity for yourself takes time & effort. Careful planning. Some assembly required.

Breathe.
Evolve.
Laugh.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?