<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 04, 2008

A Day Off 

A Day Off
 
A rare occurrence for me.  Not  a day off from work, but a day off from being a Spouse and a Dad.  So what did I do with this windfall of 24 hrs of relative freedom?  Pulled a fresh set of classic rock for my CD player, grabbed a cooler and my toy bag (towel, camera, sunscreen, other travel essentials) and hopped in my car.  Destination: a farmer's market where a good friend had scored his first paying gig playing and singing acoustic folk music.  A temporal anomaly* prevented me from actually hearing him play.  *I got there an hour after the market closed.  But back roads took me to his home not far away: http://www.woodsonghollow.com/ . So, a little visit, then more classic rock on the way back home, with a call to Lee's Hoagie House (http://www.leeshoagiehouse.com/) for a half Jewish (kinda like me).  Rounded out the day with a solo jaunt on my "mountain bike" - I use this term loosely, as the bike rarely traverses any significant terrain these days.  But I did enjoy my ride through the trails bordering the Little Lehigh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehigh_Parkway).
 
Nothing earth-shattering.  No debauchery.  Nope.  The payoff was not having an itinerary.  Not having to be anywhere at any particular time.  No diapers to change.  No nap to be taken.  No meals to prepare.  No spills to clean up.
 
Does anybody really know what time it is?
 
Breathe.
Evolve.
Laugh.
 

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?